Feeling much better today! Barely any pain in the morning but I went to see World War Z and now I'm back to feeling pain again. Darn.

Another Sleepless Night- Part 1

I'm so glad I remembered this blog. Now I have a place to pour all of my heart out. Maybe when I'm done with my gastritis, I will publicize this blog to help those who are in the same situation as I am right now. For now though, it shall remain private for I don't really know what I would say and there are things I don't want everyone to know about me.

Let's start with the gastritis and work our way back. A lot of things have happened since I last posted which was what, a year ago? Lots of things happen. Anyway, back to the gastritis. I started having symptoms Winter 2013. It started out as being tired and not having enough energy and always feeling faint and dizzy, especially when I was cold. I didn't think much about it. I thought it was some kind of allergic reaction, but then it kept getting worse and worse to the point I thought I had low blood pressure again and ended up going to the hospital. But I think the main cause for my terrible gastritis was when I went home to celerate Mai's birthday. It was bad. We decided that I would drive back to FC and we can go out to drink. Bad, bad idea because I ended up drinking on an empty stomach. I drank a lot too. Way too much. Plus I took 2 Advils. God help me. I spent the first 4 hours trying to calm Megan down because she kept vomiting then 2 hours to sleep before driving to Cville again. I started having reflux symptoms on my way back to Cville and had to stop at a CVS to by some Pepcid. Ever since then, my situation got worse and worse. My stomach deteriorated. I couldn't eat a lot of things and I was constantly tired and had no energy. I couldn't even go to class. I ended up skipping the last 2 weeks of class and a Physics lab (had to make up for exams during summer too). So that was that. I basically survived on some Chinese soup, wheat bread,... and my eating pattern was very sporadic so it added the toll to my poor tummy. I ended up going to the hospital 5 times.

One night my stomach kept producing acid for no apparent reason. I wanted to sleep it off but was afraid that it might be worse that way so I took myself to the ER (5th time). Horrible experience but that would have to be another post because I have so much to say about it. Anyhow, my mom came pick my up around 9 and my stomach burned bad on the way home so we had to go to another hospital on the same day (6th time).

Then, it just got worse and worse and worse and worse. Now, I'm sitting on the toilet, trying to push out whatever that's inside me so the burning in my Z line would stop. My entire abdomen hurts now. Not all at once. Not anymore, at least, but they all hurt.

Also, there are a lot of layers to this story as well. I just want to report all the facts in this post before I talk about my anxiety and my mom and Erik and a whole slew of other things. On top of that, I think I'd start journaling tomorrow about how I feel and what I eat so that I can identify what's causing these occasional burns. 

I have high hopes that I'll recover. The question is when and at what cost?

  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS


Post a Comment