RSS
Feeling much better today! Barely any pain in the morning but I went to see World War Z and now I'm back to feeling pain again. Darn.

UPDATES ON MY LIFE

So I haven't been able to do any reviews for the last three days. That doesn't mean that I haven't read any good books. I have. In fact, I'm in the middle of another romance novel. Well, I need to finish it first before I will tell you the title. Ha!

But anyway, I've been CRAZY busy about my schedule. I hate picking out classes from 65 pages of classes that I have to choose from. That's not freedom, people! That's TORTURE! But anyway, I'm so not happy that they don't offer Chem class in fall. Instead they have chem LAB in the fall. What the heck? I don't understand the notion of butchering chem in weird parts. What were they thinking???

But anyway, right now, my schedule is pretty messed up. I have like, 5 classes on Monday. My third and fourth classes are 10 mins from each other, which is virtually impossible. I don't even know when I'll be able to grab some food with that kind of schedule. Plus I'm stuck with JANE EYRE for ENWR, which is even SUCKIER. I hate Jane Eyre. That book is just boring!

Talking about book, I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY finished writing the my story that I started I guess two years ago. I officially finished with it yesterday morning, but I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how to embed the fonts in the pdf file, which was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experience. I spent 4 consecutive hours downloading, installing, reinstalling apps that supposedly help to embed fonts. Well, they didn't work. Word 2007 and Adobe Distiller are the two most common app to do that but apparently for some god knew what reason, they didn't. They kept giving me these weird-ass symbol instead of the fonts. I tried and tried and tried. At least Word got SOME of my fonts embed. Distiller did naught! Nothing! The application itself didn't even work!

I finally came across this website that names a few freeware with similar function as Distiller. The first one, well, SUCK SUCK SUCKED! I spent a HOUR on that thing trying to eliminate the weird symbol on the front page. It was so frustrating because I had to use my laptop AND desktop since the desktop isn't mine so I don't have the permission to install stuff in there. Urgh. Don't get me started on that miserable piece of metal. It can't even open .zip files!

I stayed up 'til 2:30 and finally finally cutePDF worked! I was sooo happy! Gotta love that free app!! It practically saved my life!

But that's not all. That's just half the battle. And my friend, that is the EASY part of the battle. Wanna know the hard part?

BOOK COVER!

@%$#! that's what I felt when I realized I don't even have a book cover! I wanted to paint everything black and just put the title in white and to hell with everything but since this is my VERY OWN VERY FIRST book, I painstakingly made a freaking bookcover.

It was a nightmare. I'm so glad I got it over with. Can't wait for lulu.com to ship my order. I'm leaving for college on the 21 so hopefully it will get here before then. Please get here before 21st.

But yeah, that's all I did for the last 3 days. Editing my story and trying to make a decent book cover. Now I won't tell you what it's about or what it's called because obviously nobody cares. I just want to throw this out here just because I finished my biggest project after 2 long years and it feels so awesome.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment